Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally done




After many years of storing the wood and deciding on a design. Brigham's casket is finally done. I didn't want it ever to be done. Alan King, our carpenter, knew this and didn't want to call me. In fact, he tried calling Chris so he could let me know but he couldn't get a hold of him. It was a hard phone call for Alan to make.
Today King Cabinets delivered Brigham's casket to our home. It is beautiful. I think I am okay with it being done. It will be a blessing to be able to enjoy it for a while. It almost seems like it was made to sit in our front living room window. I have wanted a bench there for years. Now I have one. It will be Brigham's Bench. Something we will all use while he is living.
Thank you to Alan King for this priceless gift.

5 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

Oh sweetie! I'm at a loss for words. What a true time of changes.

jules said...

Decided to change the post and give a few more details. Is that legal in blogging world? Thanks for your comment.

Lisa said...

Oh, thank goodness. I have hardly been able to breathe for the last 2 hours after I read your post. I haven't seen you for so long and I didn't know for sure what was going on. Thank you for the details. I love you, friend. Please give all the kids a kiss for me.

About Ours Good One Home said...

Oh my. I kept my tears back just long enough to call Vanessa to ask if Brigham had passed.

I'm reminded of Hinckley's walnut tree that became the conference center podium. Great things in common.

Ashcraft Family said...

My tears are flowing. I'm at a loss...You are truly amazing and I love you cous. T-