Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ahhh my Ella.

Today is Ella's kindergarten class Talent Show.
I tried giving her ideas of what she could do.
She did not like any of them.
She found her own talents to share.
In her pink hello kitty backpack is a rainbow cape, Brigham's magician hat, the faux white rose that Nana gave to her after her dance recital last night, and a jar full of dirt, worms, and other crawly creatures found in the yard while she was gardening with me this morning.
Ella informed me that she is sharing two talents with her class.

Ella: the amazing worm trainer who pulls flowers out of her hat!

She was beaming when I dropped her off. Oh, how I wish I could see her perform but no parents allowed.

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

If we all realized we have talents galore and that the rest of the world would applaud us, maybe we could be more whole, more able to share who we are and help others realize their specialness too. I applaud your worm trainer who pulls flowers out of hats. May she ever know how special she is.