Thursday, September 4, 2008

Automatic Windows

Chris's cool red car
Me and Ella's 3rd day in a row of trampoline bonding

Our hungry photographer, Wesley
Ella wants you to pretend that this horse is a pink pony

Hey Sister,

Did you know that our brother Chris is taking Italian classes at BYU this fall? Yep, everyday from 8 to 9 am. He told me that on the first day of class they had to pair up and practice with another student, asking eachother basic questions in italian. Chris was asked how old he was and responded 45. His partner said no that is not right, thinking that chris didn't know his italian numbers. I guess he didn't think a 45 year old man would be in his class. Parking at BYU can be a pain so Chris tried parking at our house today. His car was behind our van so I drove Emily to school in his little red sporty car. Ella decided to join us. She thought this car was so cool. After we dropped off Emily at school, Ella requested to sit in the front seat with me. I know this isn’t the safest place for a child to ride but I could tell that she was into this car and wanted to experience it from all seats. It was like a new toy. While in the front seat, she pointed to the handle that opens the window and asked me what it was. It made me laugh out loud that she seriously had never seen a manual window opener handle (i don't even know what to call it). I told her what it was and she just had to try it out. She then asked me how long we got to keep Chris’s car. She was disappointed when we went to pick up Emily from school this afternoon and the little red car was gone. I think Chris is parking here tomorrow and for the rest of the semester so that should make her happy. It is funny to think that when we were young automatic windows weren’t automatically in all cars. At least not in all of our cars.

After getting Brigham on the bus, Ella and I kept up with our tradition for the week by jumping on the trampoline. I was wishing that I had a picture of us and thought, wouldn’t it be nice to have a personal photographer following our family around photographing a record of our life? Just then Wesley came to play. He will do. I gave him the camera and told him to take pictures of Ella and me. He did and they even turned out okay and what is even better, I didn’t have to pay him. Well I did feed him some watermelon.

It was good to see you guys tonight. I love it when you come by. Wish it was more often. Stephen, ahhh! I mean Spencer is soooo amazing. How does Hillary stand it? I love his aura. I hope she does too. Thanks for letting me have a weepy moment about our little ghanian children. It is seeming more and more real and getting emotionally harder and harder to not have them with us. Please pray for them.

Love you



No comments: