Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I-600A filed!

Hey Sis!

I know I already talked with you on the phone today but just for journal keeping sake I will record that today we filed our I-600A form. Yea!!! The immigration office is up in Salt Lake. I feel bad going on a good car drive up to Salt Lake without taking Brig so Grandma Argie came along and waited in the car with the children so I wouldn't have to bring them in with me.
The immigration office was a bit intimidating. There were guards at the door that sent me first through a metal detector. They had me wait in this waiting room until they called my name. I don't know why but being there made me sort of feel like I was guilty of something. I felt the same way when I had to go to the Police Dept. for background check letters. The waiting room had asians and latins who I am sure were in their process of getting their citizenship so they could live the "American Dream". So many of us take our citizenship for granted. The man who eventually helped me was really nice. I felt much lighter as I left. It feels like the ball is rolling now for our government. Hopefully Ghana will get the ball rolling on their side.

Quick run down of day
5 am - Randy goes to the temple
6:30 - Emily and Me up
7:00 - Emily's piano lesson by Becky Perry. This is emi's 2nd time. Becky is great and even comes to our house.
7-8:00 Feed/Bathe Brig and Ella
8:00 - Pick up G-ma Argie, take Emily to school and head for SLC
9:20 - Immigration appointment (well at least that is when it was supposed to be. I had to wait awhile)
10:15 - Drop off essential oils to Mark at the H.S he teaches at. Rob so graciously donated the oils for the AHF "friend"raiser.
11:30 - Feed Brigham and Ella lunch.
12:30 - Take Brig to school (We missed the bus because of SLC)
1:00 - Drop off Ella to school.
1 - 2 ish - Run errands.
2 -3:00 Try to work on computer while it crashes every two seconds.
3:15 - Hilly comes over to wait and get Brig off the bus so I can go get Ella from school.
3:30 - Load up Brig and Ella and take them to Costco.
4:20 - Pick up Emily from school (on tuesdays and thursdays she stays for an art class)
5:15 - Drop off Emily at BYU for her ASL (American Sign Language) lesson.
5:30 - Make tomatoe tuscan salad for R.S. garden party. (I have lots of tomatoes to use)
6:15 - Pick up Emily and Jessica. Take Jessica home.
6:30 - Attend R.S. Garden Party that was held inside because of the rain.
9:00 - Children, prayers, bedtime etc.
10:00 - See if computer will give me better luck. Check/respond to emails/write blog

Good Night sister

2 comments:

sarah said...

Hey Julie I found you! I love your journal and have learned so much about you already. You are doing a great job! I love all the background and detail you give. It really will be priceless. You have an adorable family!

jules said...

Yea!! I got a real comment! I just posted my blog for today and you are in it! The salsa is so good! I love those green tomatoes. Thanks again.