Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Friday!

My UPS package
An eraser and bath sponge on a stick (not a toilet bowl scrubber)
Animals that you can wear in your hair
Care Bear socks
Barbie Plate
Final choice... Dora tatoos!




Good morning sister
It is friday! I love fridays. I feel different on fridays. Last friday Ella, out of the blue, asked to go to the dollar store. What a grand idea Ella. I love the dollar store. I get to tell my children that I will buy them one thing of anything they want. They get so excited. (Except for Brig, he could care less) Poor Ella though, can't make up her mind. It got to be comical so Emily I started taking pictures of all her dreams because in the end the deal was that she could only end up with one item, she can have the rest in photos. I posted some of her desires. Emily ended up with a huge "big mistake" eraser for school. She also bought a little book light with her own mula. Ella ended up with "Dora" tatoos. I don't think it was her best choice but it was her choice.
I also got a package last friday. The UPS truck pulled up. I got excited. Maybe RR bought me a surprise! I should have remembered that I had ordered Brig's pullups and gloves earlier that week. My surprise ended up being rubber gloves. I had to laugh at the condition of my box of gloves. It is probably good that the package only had rubber gloves in it. (see photo) I do have to say that I am so grateful for these gloves. Brigham's poopy changes would be miserable without them. I still am holding out that one day I will get a different surprise in the mail.

Today I am waiting for our Home Study to come in the mail so we can get a copy to Ghana. I am also working on getting the I-600 Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative form filled out but first have to find out if I need to fill out the I-600A - Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition before that. Oh I wish I had been more on top of this and had known to send these forms in months ago. RR keeps assuring me that God is mindful and has a timeline. I saw a brand new baby the other day and it has triggered many emotions in me. It is killing me that our little baby is going to be born in a couple of weeks and that I won't be there. It is breaking my heart that little Yaw is bonding with this foster family only to be taken away again and this time to a whole new culture and family.

I am learning through life that when we have to struggle, sacrifice and work hard for something we are so much better for it. We also appreciate and love the outcome even more. With Ella we had gone through years of invitro, miscarriages, a baby we thought we were going to be able to adopt and then that falling through. Shaylee came into our life and let us bond with Ella before Ella even came to earth by letting me take her to her doctor appointments, birthing classes, and of course letting us be there for the birth. I think going to the effort of hours of pumping, trying to get milk for nursing helped too. Now that Ella is here I realize that all those years were so worth it and added to the incredible journey that it has been. I know if it would have been easy it would have been a much different experience. So maybe it is okay that this is a hard long unsure process and that I often wonder how this is all going to turn out. Logically it seems insane. Our plate of life seems so full already. RR's job is still so unstable. We are living off of money that we got from refinancing our home that originally was supposed to go towards other much desired and needed dreams. So you ask "Why are you trying to adopt these two little souls right now?" And all I can say is... because we believe we are supposed to. I feel like we are living on complete faith right now. I don't know what the future holds but we seem to keep going forward. These little children will be a miracle and a huge blessing. I better get going on those forms.

Love to you sis. Thanks for your constant support through everything.
Jules

No comments: