Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Full day

Naughty Dog
My Helper
The log I removed by myself
The still okay monkey
My beautiful tomatoes! (click on the photo so you can see how amazing they are)



Good Evening Sister

I just read my blog for yesterday. Kind of dumb. Sorry. I don’t think you are reading any of these anyways. In fact, I don’t think anyone is. Maybe that is good. You know that saying, “Dance as if no one were watching” Well maybe I should say, “Write as if no one is reading”

While I drove Emily to school today, RR fed Ella breakfast. He is really bummed about her eating habits. He claims that she use to eat anything we put in front of her. That is true however, she was young. He insists that our horrible eating over the holidays a couple of years ago ruined her. RR wants us all to work on eating really healthy. “Only the best food for our bodies” So the last couple of mornings he has locked Ella in her high chair and served her a bowl of fruit (peaches, bananas, oranges, watermelon) Ella loves her “cereal n milk” so this bowl of fruit was quite the change from her bowl of cheerios. Yesterday morning she took 1 maybe 2 bites of a peach slice and that was it. RR had strategically locked her in her high chair so she had to stay. RR had told her that she could have cereal or toast when she was done with her fruit. After she had sat in her chair for probably close to an hour she convinced me that she wasn’t hungry and that she would eat her fruit for lunch so I let her out. By lunch time she was really hungry. She gobbled up her turkey, peaches, carrots, yogurt, and I even got her to eat a few slices of cucumbers. This morning, same scenario as yesterday. She gobbled up today’s lunch too of peaches, and tuna fish sandwiches. So I guess if you starve your kid then they will eat what you want them to eat.

Big day for Ella. We were invited to check out her pre-school and meet her teacher Mr. Brad today. She was so excited. I even pulled out the iron for the occasion and ironed one of her little dresses. I decided that while I had the iron out that I might as well iron an outfit for Brig and why not me too. Hey it is a big day! We all got cleaned up and ready to go. Parking is crazy on campus so we decided to walk. Brig prefers this anyway. I was rushing to get to the open house on time. I smelled a poop. Of course, that always happens when I am rushing. I told Ella to hold on and that I would change him sooo fast. Brigham is getting harder and harder to change (One day I will have to dedicate one of my blogs just to that subject). With out giving you too much detail, I had poop on my ironed skirt and shirt, poop on Brig’s ironed shorts, and poop all over him. With Ella still waiting outside by the wheelchair for Mom, I quickly wiped down a not very happy son, he had "IT" on his hands, tummy legs etc. A bath would have been a good idea but no time for that. I got my squirt bottle of my “purify oil” and squirted him all over hoping that it would disinfect and make him smell okay. I grabbed some non ironed shorts for him, scrubbed my skirt and shirt, put some “Whisper oil” on me, just in case I missed a spot and smelt like poop, and was off hoping that I didn’t lose too much time with this pit stop.
We made it to the open house. Ella’s teacher seems like a good one. Her classroom has one wall completely covered in 2 way mirrors so students can observe what is going on in the classroom. I want to go observe. I bet students have stories to tell. They should write a book. Ella’s classroom is great, however, I think she is more excited about the playground outside. Did you know that I went to preschool at BYU when I was little? I totally remember it. It was at the Harris Fine Art Center. The playground was on the patio and I remember loving it too. One memory that sticks out is when they brought in a huge Boa constrictor snake to our classroom. We learned the "I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor" song. Ella’s playground fun was cut short when we had to go get Olive. I got a call on my cell phone from a BYU student telling me that our dog was on the loose. Darn that dog! She has been so naughty lately. It kills her that she can’t go with us on our walks so she jumps the fence. Hilly called me right then and was headed to our house so she picked up Olive for me and took her home. Thanks Hill Dill.

We ate lunch and got the Brigster on the bus. Ella and I have been solo for the last couple of weeks while Brig and Emi have been in school. It has been fun and will end shortly when she starts her school next week. I jumped on the trampoline yesterday with Ella and we had so much fun that she wanted to do it again today. Jumping on the trampoline (RR told me I can’t write “tramp”) is a workout! Or maybe I am just really out of shape. It was a great 20 minutes. I killed 2 birds with one stone. An awesome exercise for my knee and more importantly, I got to just play with my silly Ella.

We then worked in the garden. Well, Ella sat and ate carrots and dip at her little blue table while I heaved a huge log out of my tomato patch. We have this big ole dead tree up in the corner of our yard. Make a Wish was originally going to build Brigham’s tree house in it but thought it might be dying and decided against it. Good thing. It really is dead and I have been worried for the last couple of years that it is going to fall and crush our fence, or tree house, or small child. Tree cutter downers told me it would cost hundreds of dollars to remove it. We didn’t remove it. This last rain storm a couple of days ago brought down almost half of the tree. I think while we were all sleeping. It could not have landed better. It didn’t touch the fence, tree house, or any children. I was kind of hoping that it would have taken down the cement orangutan that looks like a naked old man from behind but nope, he is still okay too. It did snap the pipe that holds electrical wires for the tree house and destroyed my tomato patch. But hey, I think we saved some money.

After I got part of the tree out of the garden Ella and I rescued a bunch of tomatoes. I didn’t realize all the different varieties that I had growing. Red with green stripes, green with green stripes, orange, yellow, bell shape, huge shape, etc. They are so pretty and cool that I just had to share with friends.

After my workout on the tramp and moving tree branches I gave myself a quick bath with diaper wipes and was off to Brig’s IEP leaving Ella with Erica our neighbor. Brig’s IEP’s are so much different these days. IEP=Individualized Education Plan. I use to dread them because I felt like it was me against the staff. It always felt like a huge battle. Many times I would be in tears. RR and I thought that there would be no way we would send Brig to Jr. High. It seems like such a tough time of life for kids and we thought that no way would there be a place for our son there. Well… it has been a huge blessing. The IEP meetings are great. I actually feel like we are a team. I feel like they really care for Brigham and want what is best for him and they are willing to do whatever it is that he needs. You are supposed to set goals in IEP meetings. I told them that the goal I wanted them to work on was to get him to smile everyday. They actually wrote that down! Oh I love his teacher. I swear I thought I saw tears in her eyes. What a difference. Brig is so simple these days. He just wants to ride his bike through the halls so they let him. The staff said that they had more than a hundred students wanting to sign up to help in Brig’s classroom this year. The teacher told me it is because they all want to be with Brigham. She also told me today that there are two new students in his class who are deaf and sign. She said that they have given Brigham a sign. They make the letter “B” and then do the sign for riding a bike. I really think Brigham enjoys going to school. He is gone from me for about three and a half hours. It gets him out of the house and doing things he enjoys. Those students and teachers are blessing Brigham’s life. I also know that he is blessing theirs.

RR had his bishopric meetings tonight so was gone. I was able to visit with and give Cindy Clark a hug. Her and her husband just got back from being with their daughter Stephanie in Arizona since the plane crash almost 2 weeks ago. Stephanie’s husband Christian got his tubes removed so now he can talk. He is still pretty drugged so no real conversations yet but he is going to be okay. Stephanie is still fighting. The Clark family is amazing. Stephanie is amazing. It won’t be easy and they have a long way to go but they will get through this experience and be more refined and beautiful than ever.

Emily and I ended our night by doing her dance stretches that she learned today in school. It was fun. It makes me want to do Yoga. I have said that forever but I really do think it would help me. I feel all tense, stiff, tight and bundled. If nothing else it was good to laugh with Emily. I know I need to lighten up. I need to work on having more fun with my kids. My knew goal at home is to make sure I laugh and smile with each of my children (and RR) every single day.

RR is home now and it is really late. This entry is way too long. Love you so.

No comments: