Thursday, September 11, 2008

I wash Brigham's bedding frequently

Sister Jenn,

I have slacked in the blogging world. Mom is awesome. She emailed me wanting to know if everything was okay. She was worried that I haven't blogged. I didn't think anyone cared. Thanks mommy for reading. I have left blogging until night time and then I am too tired and so lately I just go to bed with out doing it. Speaking of bed. The other night Brig slept in our bed. I had washed his bedding but it didn't quite make it back on his bed by bedtime. I wash Brig's bedding frequently. RR said he thinks Brigs likes our bed better anyway. Brigham shouldn't. He actually has the most expensive bed in the house. We got a tempur-pedic bed for him to help with his sore joints, muscles and bones. Grandpa Gene's sister passed away and Gene inherited her bed that moves up and down. Gene generously offered it to Brig to help out when he is congested and having a hard time sleeping. We mixed the two beds by keeping the bottom part of Genes bed so it can go up and down on an incline and put the tempur-pedic mattress on top for comfort. It is a deluxe bed! How could he like our bed more? I don't know if I agree with RR on this.


Emily also has a tempur-pedic mattress. She inherited it too. Let me explain. I bought a waterproof mattress cover to protect Brigham's expensive mattress. The company guaranteed that their mattress cover had a life time warranty. I was a true test for this poor mattress cover. Remember, I wash Brig's bedding frequently. After so many washings it started wearing out and we had a few times where the mattress cover didn't do its job. I thought that I better get a new one. I called the company and explained what was going on. They asked me if urine had gone through onto the mattress. "Well yes, a couple of times", I replied. "Okay, send us your mattress cover so we can check it out", they said. So I did. They called me and told me that they were going to replace my tempur-pedic mattress with a new one and they were sorry about the trouble. How amazing is that? I promise, I just called for a new mattress cover but in addition they gave us a new tempur-pedic bed! They even replaced it with the newer version. Now that is customer service! I hope that company is in business for a long time. I should advertise for them. When they came to replace his mattress I asked what they were going to do with this perfectly good mattress that maybe just has a little pee pee on it. (what mattress doesn't have a little pee on it?) They told me that they sell them. I asked for how much? I think they said for a couple hundred dollars or something like that. I just remember that it was a ripping deal and that we should seize the day, especially because I knew whose pee it was. So that is how Emily inherited her nice tempur-pedic mattress. I guess she should be grateful that I wash Brig's bedding frequently.

I will have to share with you more about our sleeping habits in another blog. I sometimes wish I had a movie camera set up to video us at night because our nights are just too hard to describe accurately with words. I will quickly say that besides Brigham - Emily probably sleeps in her appointed bed more than any of the rest of us. RR and I are famous for playing musical beds at night. Ella likes to join in too. It literally has been years and years and years since I have slept through the night. It hasn't always been this way. Before I got married I slept well. When I would go down for the night, it was for good. I never woke up until morning. Then I got married. RR would always get up at least once a night to use the bathroom. I am a good sleeper but a light sleeper so RR would wake me up on his nightly expeditions. I guess he was just slowly preparing me for what our future held. Brigham's toughest time is at night. Good news: our nights have been pretty calm lately. So grateful for that. Go Brigham!

I need to appreciate the washing of my son's bedding. I really don't mind at all. I know the day will come when I will wish that I could do it again.

Good night


Post Script

Pretend like I have photos of my children sleeping in their beds posted here. My camera card is not cooperating. I really need my friend Sarah to help me. She is a guru.

No comments: