Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lunch Box Tins

Well our Labor Day didn't end up being very laborous. I think the big rain storm made it difficult for us to get up and get going. We stayed in our pj's, watched movies, and slept for the first part of the day. Our belly's were calling for food and in keeping with the lazy day theme, I suggested we go out for lunch. We grabbed some pizza and since the rain had stopped and the sun came out we went to a beautiful new park that the city built up in Sherwood Hills. Some bees were joining us for lunch. I didn't notice that one had got underneath the piece of pizza that I was feeding to Brigham. It stung Brig's lip real good. I felt so bad for him. Like he doesn't have enough pain already. I wish I would have had my lavender oil with me to take the sting away. Ella and Emily enjoyed the play ground. Emily challenged RR and I to the monkey bars. Boy did RR and I have a tough time going across. It kills your hands and reminds you how out of shape you are. The beautiful new tennis courts made RR and I want to start playing tennis.

We then headed off to find Hilly's new basement apartment. It was great to see all of you laboring. We think Hilly and Sariah's place is awesome. What a great time of life for them.

Just for the record, we did end up laboring a bit. We started the broken sprinkler pipe project in the garage. The problem was found and now RR is debating how to fix it. Could be major but hopefully not. Emily and I were able to work on a puzzle, (i love puzzles and could work on them all day long) had a quick family council and then ended our day by all of us going on a walk to the Creamery. I am depressed with how cool the weather is getting. We had to wear jackets! It seems to me like our winter was so long and summer so short.

On our long trip to Oregon a month ago, we stopped somewhere in Nevada for gas. Emily saw a Beatles lunch box tin that she thought was so cool and begged for us to buy it for her. She said that she would even pay us back. I think the price was something like $18. Ella, following exactly in her older sister’s footsteps, found a tin that she couldn’t live without either. Ella’s being a Wizard of Oz tin box. Living in lean mode, with very few paychecks coming in, I thought $18 was way too expensive. I noticed on the bottom of the box that the company was in our own Salt Lake City. I convinced Emily that we could find it much cheaper back home. She wrote down the name of the company and we were off. Ella, of course, was in tears but we knew they wouldn't last for long and that her desire would be soon forgotten.

After we returned from Oregon, we realized from our research that we should have just bought the tin box in Nevada. We looked up the company and even registered to get these products at wholesale. Much to our disappointment we learned that the initial minimum order is $250! Sorry Emily. I am still working on trying to find her one. Emily is forgiving. Ella, not so much. She found the catalogs they sent to us and found her Wizard of Oz tin box and lots of other stuff. She is still requesting daily that she needs this tin box to take to her new school. She is also asking me to call her “Dorothy” and wants me to call Olive “Kate”? And while we are mentioning Ella’s desires, she really wants to take dance/ballet with her friend Marguerite. Pleaasssseeee Mom!

No comments: