Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Good Morning Sis!

Our sprinklers do their thing during the night. We have noticed in the morning that there is a residual of water on the floor of the garage. Of course we have ignored this issue all summer long. Last week Ella and Wesley requested to run through the sprinklers. Well we saw first hand what was causing the water. Not good - A broken pipe that happens to be located inside the storage area of our garage. To big to ignore anymore. So even though it is raining, I think I will try to talk RR into laboring on Labor Day. Poor guy, plumbing seems to put RR into the worst mood. Hope all goes well. You know that old homes are full of surprises. We could be opening up a can of worms. This task involves us taking out the portable storage shelves and everything on them. It is a big job but I don’t mind because it will give us a chance to organize and get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Yesterday Ella was looking at some photos of Brigham when he was younger. I could tell that she was having a hard time recognizing and believing that it was Brigham who was doing those things. Brigham’s life is becoming so simple. He is doing less and less. He is also becoming more and more dependent on people to help him through life. It makes me sad that she never knew him when he could do so much like jump on the tramp, ride on his zipline, play in his tree house, run, talk, sing. RR and I were talking last night as we were lying with Brig that we have forgotten so much. We know that we are towards the end of Brigham’s life. I panic and am emotional and wish that I would have done a better job of capturing and recording our life with him, with all of our children. The simple every day things. I assume that you have similar feelings as some of your children are grown and leaving the house. I am so grateful for the photos and videos, words that we do have. They help trigger memories. I know that one day soon these will be all we have of him. A goal that I have had forever is to get my photos organized. I would love to turn them into books. Brigham loves to look at photos of his life and relive these memories. I need to get on it so he will be able to benefit from them before he is gone. Maybe that is what I should do for him for his birthday and Christmas. He really could care less about anything else. What a pure boy he is. I wish I was more like him.

So…. I guess until I can get my books made, this blog will be our family’s journal. Why am I sharing my journal with my sister? I don’t know. As mom always says with her journal pages, “You don’t have to read this”. I do think it would be pretty awesome if all of us kept a blog of our happenings. Your's could be "Life on Dry Creek", Mom's "Life on 3215 North" Never mind. Call your blog what ever you like. It would keep us more up to date on each others lives and at the end of the year we could print it all up and bound it in a book and ta da! We have a family history. What do you think?

No comments: